As a graphic designer, I just had to do this week’s topic from That Artsy Reader Girl – Typographic Book Covers.
They say you shouldn’t judge a book by its cover, but it is after all the first thing you notice. Even when I don’t end up buying a book, it gladdens my heart to see typography that’s beautiful, fun and creative. To make it a bit more challenging, I decided to restrict the covers to science fiction, fantasy and other works of imagination.
1. Dark Matter by Blake Crouch
2. The Complete Poetry of Edgar Allan Poe
3. The Left Hand of Darkness by Ursula K. Le Guin
4. Dune by Frank Herbert
5. Metamorphosis by Franz Kafka
6. The Woman in Black by Susan Hill
7. Ready Player One by Ernest Cline
8. Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland by Lewis Carroll
9. 2001: A Space Odyssey by Arthur C. Clarke
10. Zoo City by Lauren Beukes